For parents and guardians assisting with remote and hybrid learning
This page contains links to guides and video tutorials for Google Tools and G-Suite (i.e. Google Docs and Sheets).
Parent's Guides to Google Classroom and G-Suite
- PDF Guide - a guide to logging on and using Google Classroom
- Tutorials on G-Suite Tools and Apps - all of the tools used in class
- How to split a screen on a Chromebook - students can see two windows at once
- FAQs for students - notes for students on finding remote resources
- Google's Guide for Guardians
- Google's Guide for Guardians of Students with Disabilities
How to accept Guardian Summaries on Google Classroom
As a guardian, you must receive and accept an email invitation before you can receive email summaries. This will be sent to the email listed in Skyward. You have 120 days to accept an invitation before it expires.
The teacher or administrator emails you an invitation for a particular student.
The teacher or administrator can send the invitation to any email address.
In your email program, open your email invitation.
Click Accept. If you’re not the guardian, click I’m Not The Guardian. You can choose the frequency of the emails, such as daily or weekly. You can unsubscribe or remove yourself from Classroom at any time.